Skip to main content
URI Marching Band

Residency Policies


For US Citizens and Permanent Residents:

Click here for the Rhode Island Residency Policy.

After reviewing the policy, if you think that you qualify for in-state tuition, you can download the Residency Application form and submit it to the Residency Officer at the address listed on the left of this page for the Office of Admission.


For Undocumented Students Living in Rhode Island:

In order to qualify for in-state tuition, the Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education requires that you submit the appropriate forms.  Please review the "important information" below and submit the Affidavit and the Student Application.

Important Information

Forms to Submit


Military, Veterans, and Dependents:

Tuition Residency Application for Active Military Duty

Tuition Residency Application for Veterans