Applying to Talent Development
(for Rhode Island residents only)
Deadline December 15
- Complete the Common Application for the University of Rhode Island by clicking on the “Apply Now” link on this page.
- The application fee is waived for all TD applicants:
- Contact your guidance counselor to receive your fee waiver code. (Each code can be used by only one applicant.)
- When you come to the fee payment section on the Common Application, select the “fee waiver” option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your TD fee waiver code in the designated location.
- Have your high school guidance counselor send your official high school transcript, including your senior courses and most recent grades. (Your counselor may submit your transcript electronically through the Common Application web site.) If you are admitted to the TD program, you must successfully complete all senior courses.
- Submit your official SAT or ACT scores. These MUST be sent electronically by the testing agency or they will not be considered official. The URI ID code is 3919 for the SAT and 3818 for the ACT.
- In order for your application to be considered complete, you must submit an essay stating why you feel you should be considered for the Talent Development program. This should be submitted with your Common Application.
- We also require a letter of recommendation.
For more information, please visit the Talent Development Program online.