Skip to main content
URI Marching Band

Transcript Information

Credit Transferability:

  • Only grades of C or better will transfer. Generally, courses completed at other accredited post-secondary institutions will be accepted, provided they are similar in quality, content, and character to courses offered at URI.
  • The University accepts no more than 60 credits from Community Colleges and other two-year colleges. In order to graduate from URI, at least ½ of the credits in your major as well as your senior year must be completed at URI. College level credits earned in a military program at an accredited college or university are accepted on the same basis as other transfer courses
  • An official transfer credit evaluation will be issued after acceptance.

Transcript Submission:

Official Transcripts
To be official, each transcript must include the official seal of the college or university, or the signature of a college or university official. Copies or faxes are not considered official.

Mail Transcripts to:

Office of Admission

Attention Transfer Admission

Newman Hall

14 Upper College Road

Kingston, RI  02881

Transcripts from All Institutions

If you have enrolled in coursework at more than one college or university, you must submit official transcripts from each of them, including those in which you enrolled for dual credit coursework while in high school.  All transcripts must be sent by the application deadline.


  • Official transcripts of completed coursework must arrive in the Office of Admission by the application deadline (see below for exceptions).
  • Updated transcripts for courses in which you are enrolled at the time of the deadline must be submitted as soon as possible after the courses are completed.
  • Updated transcripts must arrive no later than June 15 for fall applicants and January 15 for spring applicants.

Special Deadlines

February 1: Pharmacy, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Nursing applicants for fall 2011.  Updated official transcripts showing any additional completed coursework, including any remaining prerequisite coursework, must arrive in the Office of Admission by June 15.

Report All College Coursework

Any applicant who has taken classes at another college or university must include their entire academic record.  Applicants cannot disregard any part of their academic record.  Applicants who fail to report all college coursework or who otherwise falsify any part of their application or required documentation are subject to disciplinary action, which may include expulsion or loss of credit.