Enhancing the academic careers of women in science, technology, engineering, & mathematics
How to make ADVANCE a success . . .
The ADVANCE program has created a dynamic partnership between university leaders, the ADVANCE Leadership Team and male and female faculty. The success of this program depends upon your endorsement and your active participation. ADVANCE is here to benefit all faculty, particularly women in STEM. New information about the working environments at URI, work-family policy revisions, positive changes in departmental operations and climate, improved faculty mentoring, increased transparency in hiring, promotion, and resource allocation procedures, education and training available to all, and sponsored events are some of the benefits we all can enjoy as a result of this program. There are many ways you can be part of these positive efforts.
Please contact the ADVANCE Resource Center for more information at 874-9422 or email@example.com about the following:
- Donate to ADVANCE. We need your support to continue and expand our initiatives. These include supporting faculty development, offering transitional support, providing scholarships, pursuing work-life initiatives, and other efforts.
- Become a Mentor for a Junior Faculty Member. ADVANCE would like to help provide all junior faculty, men and women, with at least 2 committed mentors.
- Join an ADVANCE committee. We have great, energetic committees working on important issues. Please call or email to find out more about: Evaluation, Recruitment, Faculty Development, Work-Life-Family, and Climate Committees. We welcome men and women from any department or division.
- We're looking for NEWS. Have you or someone in your department been nominated or won an award recently? Published an article? Presented at a conference? Been acknowledged for something? Started a new program? We want to celebrate and recognize accomplishments of women in STEM on our website.
- Library contributions needed. Contributions are needed in the form of books, magazines, journals, artwork, articles, computer software, etc, relevant to the topic of women in science, faculty development or work-life balance. Contributions can be brought directly to Room 001 Carlotti, or contact the ADVANCE office.