The College of Engineering (COE) welcomes you as a Wanting Engineering (WEGR) student. The WEGR advisor at University College for Academic Success in Roosevelt Hall will advise you. Please carefully read all of the information below.
WEGR STATUS PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
• based on background and interests, students are provided the opportunity to explore engineering as a potential major by taking required fundamental core courses in engineering, mathematics, and science
• students follow the curriculum associated with their engineering major of interest (undeclared engineering is included)
• students are assigned an engineering advisor to guide them and monitor their progress (advising appointments are required every semester to be allowed to enroll in classes for the next semester)
IMPORTANT RESOURCES THAT YOU NEED TO REVIEW
Please review the items at each link shown below, which will provide you with important information that you need to be aware of. You also need to print out the curriculum sheet for your major and bring this information to all advising appointments.
• COE Advising Process and Advisor Holds:
• Curriculum Sheets for Engineering Majors:
• COE Admission Requirements:
• COE Information (many useful items):
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CHANGED FROM WEGR TO A COE MAJOR
• To become an engineering major, Wanting Engineering students must have an overall grade point average of 2.00 or better, and complete (including transfer credits) the following required courses with a grade point average of 2.00 or better:
o MTH 141, CHM 101, 102, PHY 203, 273, and EGR 105
• A maximum of three semesters to demonstrate your ability to continue in engineering is allowed. If the above requirements are not met by the end of the 3rd semester, you will not be allowed to continue in any engineering courses. It will then be necessary for you to choose a major other than engineering, and your WEGR advisor can assist you with options for other majors. (Exceptions, although rare, may be made at the discretion of the COE Dean.)