Large Format Printing
- Images equal to or smaller than 8.5'' by 11'' may be rejected due to size limitation.
- Exception: Multiple images printed out on the same sheet that individually are smaller than 8.5" by 11"
HP Design Jet:
- Accepts paper up to 42 inches wide.
- Non Archival Inks
- CMYK Color spectrum. Colors may print out differently then they appear on screen.
- Note: Currently, the quality of prints is acceptable but due to the settings of the printer or the ink quality, the image's color is noticeably overcast when put in direct, bright light. They exhibit a grey/green overtone. Information on how to fox this issue is greatly appreciated.
- Accepts paper up to 44 inches wide.
- Archival Ink.
- Larger Color Spectrum, Higher quality Ink.
- High Resolution.
- Professional Quality Results
Pricing: $3.00 per sq ft.
Images will be priced to the nearest square inch.
Cash or checks made out to "URI Fine Arts Department" are the only accepted methods of payment at this time.
Application Process: How do I apply to use the printers?
- Students must be enrolled in an art class or declared as an art major. They must fill in all the fields of the application as best they can.
- Applications that do not have a student ID, their signature, a professors signature, and a contact method, may be rejected.
- The pricing portion of the application may be filled in at the time of printing. Applicants must have the correct amount in payment in order to print after pricing. No "IOU's" are accepted.
- Students may hand in applications to their professor or print monitor during lab hours.
- Applications may be denied based on content, size, and major.
- If a student can not make it durring lab hours they may negociate a time with the monitor.
URI Main Gallery
Fine Arts Center
105 Upper College Road, Kingston, RI
Hours: Monday - Saturday 12 - 4:00 p.m.
The Project Room
Fine Arts Center, Room F102
Hours: Monday - Thursday 12 - 4:00 p.m.
Contact: Ben Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine Arts Center, Main Corridor
The Corridor Gallery provides a venue for faculty, invited artists, and selected work from art classes. The Gallery is open during Fine Arts Center building hours.
Exhibitions & Events