Admission to the Information Literacy Instruction Certificate
Dr. Cheryl A. McCarthy
Applying for the ILIC
Students currently enrolled in a GSLIS Master's program need only fill out the ILIC POS with their advisor. All others interested in applying must submit the following in the same envelope:
- The application- The application is not currently available electronically. It may be downloaded from the Graduate School here to be completed by hand, indicating intent to enroll in the ILIC program in writing at the top, and then mailed to the address provided with all other applicable materials.
- Check or money order payable to the University of Rhode Island for the non-refundable application fee of $65 for both in-state and out-of-state residents. Your application will not be processed without this fee.
- Complete official transcripts of all coursework (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope, sealed and signed by the registrar across the flap.
- Two letters of reference in envelopes, sealed and signed by the reference writer across the flap; international students must submit three letters of reference.
- One copy of your current resume.
- The completed Certificate of Residence form if you think you qualify for in-state or regional tuition and fees.
More information about the ILIC