Coursework in Arabic
The University of Rhode Island currently offers four courses in Modern Arabic:
- ARB101: Beginning Arabic 1
- ARB102: Beginning Arabic 2
- ARB103: Intermediate Arabic 1
- ARB104: Intermediate Arabic 2
The beginning level focuses on fundamentals of grammar and pronunciation, exercises in reading, writing, and conversation.
The intermediate level focuses on development of facility in reading narrative and expository prose, exercises in grammar, listening comprehension, and speaking.
- ARB101: None.
- ARB102: Arabic 101 or equivalent.
- ARB103: Arabic 102 or equivalent.
- ARB104: Arabic 103 or equivalent.
For more information, please contact the Language Department at (401)-874-5911