Coursework in Japanese
The University of Rhode Island currently offers four courses in Japanese:
- JPN101: Beginning Japanese 1 (Fall Semesters ONLY)
- JPN102: Beginning Japanese 2 (Spring Semesters ONLY)
- JPN103: Intermediate Japanese 1 (Fall Semesters ONLY)
- JPN104: Intermediate Japanese 2 (Spring Semesters ONLY)
The beginning level focuses on fundamentals of grammar and pronunciation, exercises in reading, writing, and conversation.
The intermediate level focuses on development of facility in reading narrative and expository prose, exercises in grammar, listening comprehension, and speaking.
- JPN101: None.
- JPN102: Japanese 101 or equivalent.
- JPN103: Japanese 102 or equivalent.
- JPN104: Japanese 103 or equivalent.
Students also have the option of continuing Japanese coursework through independent study with permission of instructor.
Study Abroad! URI offers two programs for studying abroad in Japan.
For more information, please contact Kanako Herring.