Coursework in Russian
The University of Rhode Island currently offers seven courses in Russian:
- RUS101: Beginning Russian 1
- RUS102: Beginning Russian 2
- RUS103: Intermediate Russian 1
- RUS104: Intermediate Russian 2
- RUS392/393: Masterpieces of Russian Literature
- RUS498: Directed Study
The beginning level focuses on fundamentals of grammar and pronunciation, exercises in reading, writing, and conversation.
The intermediate level focuses on development of facility in reading narrative and expository prose, exercises in grammar, listening comprehension, and speaking.
- RUS101: None.
- RUS102: Russian 101 or equivalent.
- RUS103: Russian 102 or equivalent.
- RUS104: Russian 103 or equivalent.
For more information, please contact the Language Department at (401)-874-5911