Examples of Learning Outcomes Statements
Examples that are TOO general and VERY HARD to measure...
- ...will appreciate the benefits of learning a foreign language.
- ...will be able to access resources at the University of Rhode Island.
- ...will develop problem-solving skills.
- ...will have more confidence in their knowledge of the subject matter.
Examples that are still general and HARD to measure...
- ...will value knowing a second language as a communication tool.
- ...will develop and apply effective problem-solving skills that will enable one to adequately navigate through the proper resources within the University of Rhode Island.
- ...will demonstrate the ability to resolve problems that occur in the field.
- ...will demonstrate critical thinking skills, such as problem solving as it relates to social issues.
Examples that are SPECIFIC and relatively EASY to measure...
- ...will be able to read and demonstrate good comprehension of text in areas of the student's interest or professional field.
- ...will demonstrate the ability to apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- ...will be able to identify environmental problems, evaluate problem-solving strategies, and develop science-based solutions.
- ...will demonstrate the ability to evaluate, integrate, and apply appropriate information from various sources to create cohesive, persuasive arguments, and to propose design concepts.