of Wastewater Management in Charlestown
• Maintain high quality of the sole source aquifers.
• Protect private wells and small public supplies.
• Re-open Green Hill and eastern Ninigret Ponds to shell fishing,
and protect other coastal ponds and sensitive water resources.
• Maintain the high value of coastal real estate.
• Ensure proper onsite system function and maintenance, as a permanent
• Prevent system failure with high-use rentals and seasonal homes.
• Prevent contamination from cesspools and other outdated systems,
especially in densely-developed shorelines.