Tips for the Proper Use, Storage, and Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste
- Learn which household products are considered hazardous. You can do this by reading the labels on the products.
- Consider using nontoxic, non-hazardous alternatives. See the following websites for alternatives, although we cannot guarantee they will work in every situtiaion:
- If there are not any nontoxic options available, then take the following options:
- Use, store, and dispose of products as directed.
- Keep products in original, labeled containers and out of reach of children.
- Dispose of hazardous waste properly. Contact the Rhode Island Resource Recovery's Eco Depot. to schedule a hazardous waste drop off. Also, contact your local city or town for information on local recycling programs.
Return to Household Hazardous Waste Home Page
For more information contact Alyson McCann, Program Coordinator