Lonicera shoot apex
Longitudinal section of Lonicera shoot apex.
- Identify peripheral zone, central zone, and rib zone.
- Which zone contains the initial cells?
- What are the functions of the other zones?
- The shoot apical meristems of many flowering plants have three layers. Identify these layers. What are they called?
- Locate the procambium and protoderm. What do these tissues have in common?
Related images: Elodea shoot apical meristem, Equisetum shoot apical meristem, Salvia shoot apical meristem
Alison Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
© 1998-2004 AWR