Welcome to the URI Counseling Center
The URI Counseling Center provides services to enhance the personal, academic, emotional, social, and life planning effectiveness of students. These services may include crisis intervention, individual counseling, group counseling, referrals for psychiatric assessment, and mental health screening.
The Center also assists the University community in creating and maintaining a learning environment conducive to psychological and educational development. Students may seek counseling for a variety of concerns including but not limited to:
We hope you find this website helpful and invite you to call us at 401.874.2288 or to drop by our office at 217 Roosevelt Hall if we can be of assistance.
Suicide Response and Prevention Training is now available for faculty, staff, and administrators!
More information about our groups can be found here
* Interpersonal Process Group
* Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning Women's Group
* Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation and Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills
* Support for Sobriety
* Support for Students from Families with Drug or Alcohol Addiction
* Women's Therapy Group
* Working Through Anxiety Group