The staff members of the URI Counseling Center value awareness and understanding of everyone's differences and similarities. We recognize that prejudice and discrimination are detrimental to all people and strive to take personal responsibility for educating ourselves about the richness of human diversity. Our intention is to provide an open and trusting environment in which all students feel valued, safe, and respected.
Suicide Response and Prevention Training is now available for faculty, staff, and administrators!
More information about our groups can be found here
* When a Parent has an Addiction
* Interpersonal Process Group
* Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Questioning Women's Group
* Mindfulness and Distress Tolerance Skills for Personal Growth
* Support for Sobriety
* Working Through Anxiety Group