Step by Step Guide to Program Accommodations
Examples of Program Accommodations are:
Priority Registration, Foreign Language Course Substitutions, Reduced-Course-with-Full-time-status, Classroom Changes, etc.
The documentation must substantiate the need for program accommodations. The accommodation committee of DSS will determine case-by-case eligibility for any program accommodation.
Follow this procedure for each and every semester in requesting a program accommodation:
- The accommodation process begins as soon as you schedule a meeting with a DSS counselor by calling the office at 401-874-2098. (We are available for appointments before each semester - even when classes are not in session!)
- Make sure your documentation of disability is current.
- During your appointment, discuss the program accommodation(s) you might need for that semester
- Your counselor will talk with you about other requirements for the particular Program Accommodation you are requesting. In most cases DSS will facilitate the Program Accommodation for you.
(for example: Each semester, Priority Registration is administratively arranged by DSS after a completed accommodation appointment with your signed accommodation request form)
- Let DSS know immediately of any problems.
- Meet with DSS at the beginning of EVERY semester to discuss your schedule and needs.