Skip to main content
Scenes from Enrollment Services

Admission to the University

Undergraduate Students

Prospective undergraduate students will need to contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

Graduate Students

Prospective graduate students will need to contact the Graduate School.

Non-matriculating Students

New non-matriculated (non-degree) students will need to submit a Non-Degree Student Application Form (PDF) to the University in order to be issued a UserID. Be sure to include your email address on the form. Once the form has been submitted, the student will be entered into e-Campus and assigned a UserID. The student will then be able to register with e-Campus and sign up for courses.


A readmitting student is one who has been previously admitted to a program of study at the university and has a break of at least one regular (spring or fall) semester during pursuit of an undergraduate degree, with or without completing the formal withdrawal process.  A break in continuous attendance automatically terminates a student’s active status, necessitating readmission in order to continue toward a degree.

 Additionally, students who graduated from the University and wish to pursue a second undergraduate degree must apply for readmission, even if there has been no break in continuity of attendance. Students should direct the Undergraduate Application for Readmission to the academic dean of the college in which admittance is sought. A readmitting student may seek readmission into a college and/or program different from which they formerly attended. Students who have earned at least 25 credits towards graduation may submit their application for readmission directly to the degree-granting college. Readmission is not guaranteed, and students must meet all GPA, course and/or College requirements for the major to which they seek to readmit.. Students should contact the college directly for specific readmission requirements.

 The college directory can be found at:

Graduate degree candidates and permanent non-degree students who have withdrawn, or have not filed a leave of absence form with the Graduate School, and who wish to reenroll after an absence of one or more semesters (from the Kingston campus) must be readmitted through the Graduate School. The appropriate forms and information may be obtained from the Graduate School.

All applications for readmission must be submitted to the Degree Granting College no later than August 15 for the fall semester, and December 31 for the spring semester.


Attention: Please update your URIEmergencyALERT information here.

Attention:  Please be sure your completed FAFSA includes the University of Rhode Island Federal School Code 003414.

Quick Links

Parent Plus Loan Application

Graduate Plus Loan Application

Federal Direct Loan Application Instructions for Parents/Students

e-Bill Information

2015-2016 Tuition and Fee Information

Accept/Decline Financial Aid Awards

Financial Aid Awards

IRS Data Retrieval Option for FAFSA

URI Summer Sessions

Parent/Third Party Access to e-Campus

Non-Degree Student Registration Application

Request a Transcript

Office Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am to 4pm

9:30am to 4:15pm

Lobby Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am to 4:00pm

9:30am to 4:15pm

Telephone Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:30am to 4:15pm

9:30am to 4:15pm

Financial Aid Walk-In Counseling

11:00am to 3:00pm