The Class Search tool will give you the most current course information available, including course descriptions, prerequisites, meeting days and time, and even designations for general education requirements. If course sections are added or cancelled, they will appear here in real time. Feel free to check back often. A closed class may have reopened or an additional section may have bene added.
To navigate Class Search:
Simply choose at least two search criteria to begin.
1. Select Term from the drop down choices.
2. Course Subject is useful if you want to see a limiting of all courses from a single department for the term you listed. Make this blank to look for classes without a specific subject.
3. If you known specifically which class you're looking for, type in a Course Number that corresponds to the Course Subject you already chose.
4. Graduate student? Change the Course Career.
5. The search is also defaulted to find Open Classes Only.
6. To narrow down your results, select desired course details from Additional Search
Criteria. For example, if you're looking for online classes, select "Online" from the Location field.
To see the course description, simply click the Section link and you will see more course details.
You can find a description of the course, it's meeting times and location, as well as it's capacity and prerequisites, here.
Attention: Please update your URIEmergencyALERT information here.
Attention: Please be sure your completed FAFSA includes the University of Rhode Island Federal School Code 003414.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
9:00am to 4:00pm
11:00am to 3:00pm