Welcome to the project based learning site. We want to help you to partner with faculty and students who are engaged in a classroom experience that has relevance for your organization or company. This relationship enhances authentic learning for all involved.
Project Based Learning
involves students working on a problem or project based on the knowledge attained in a previous course and/or courses. This is different than an internship since the focus is for a specific project or problem to solve and requires the assistance of a faculty member serving as a mentor. The difference between a problem based learning experience (PBLE) and an internship is that a PBLE provides both a deliverable to the faculty mentor and a third party.
Step 1: Before you post, consider the scope of the project including:
- Developing an outline for your project (purpose, method, outcomes, final product)
- Drafting the goals and context for the project to provide background for participants
- Determine a realistic timeframe, from start to finish
- Consider the best majors with whom to partner to meet your needs
- Be clear about your expectations of both the faculty member and the students
- Decide the minimum and maximum number of students who can participate
Step 2: Preparing for the project:
- Compile the necessary resources and tools for the project
- Involve all appropriate personnel (including your HR department)
- Determine which aspects of the project can be done on site and remotely
- Be clear about your role and the role of the faculty member in structuring the project and directing students while working with your organization
Step 3: Submit your project proposal:
- You will receive a confirmation. Once we review your posting we will contact you to discuss the next steps in this process. Thank you.