To set forth the policy and procedures for reimbursement for candidates' travel expenses from University Candidates' Travel Chart String Account.
Full-time, continuing faculty/administrative positions that are supported 100% by general revenue funds. Full-time, continuing faculty/administrative positions supported in part by general revenue funds are covered on a prorated basis.
1. The search committee submits the Affirmative Action form "Intent to Interview" to the Affirmative Action Office (AAO) for review and approval, and then forwards to the Office of Human Resource Administration (ORHA).
2. OHRA approves eligibility for candidates' travel coverage for qualified applicants and advises the search chair or department to make travel arrangements. All travel arrangements covered by this policy must be made through the authorized travel agency. The search committee is responsible for meeting and escorting candidates upon their arrival and during their stay.
3. The interviewing department or the candidate(s) must cover any additional expenses incurred beyond the maximum meal allowance (see part V, items 6-7). Also, the State and University will not accept charges for any alcohol expenses or any long distance phone calls, or expenses incurred for other people traveling with the candidate.
4. The interviewing department must ensure that the completed Candidate's Travel Expense Form (Out-of-Pocket) is submitted to the HRA Office for reimbursement.
1. The Candidates' Travel policy covers eligible travel expenses for a maximum of three (3) candidates. Transportation expenses (i.e., airline, train, bus, automobile) for candidates traveling to the University from outside of Rhode Island must be approved in advance on the Intent to Interview document by the Office of Human Resources Administration. Every effort should be made to use the most cost-effective means of transportation for candidates traveling from outside of New England. Candidates using personal automobiles will be reimbursed for mileage at the current rate in effect for Rhode Island State employees. Rental vehicle expenses will not be reimbursed by the Candidates' Travel Account.
1. The designated State-authorized agent for airline and lodging reservations will bill the University directly for payment. If the candidate drives a personal automobile to campus for an interview, automobile travel expenses will be reimbursed at the State's current rate.
2. The department or search committee must provide the following information to the travel agency to ensure the charges are made against the University's Candidates' Travel Account:
Search Department's Name
PS Chart String for Candidates' Travel # is 5744-100-4010-3005
The department calls HRA for approval with the tentative booking information before any commitments are made.
The department calls HRA and the State-approved travel agency ASAP when there is a cancellation any travel, etc.
3. Accommodations for lodging will be made by the authorized travel agency. (Please see the attached list of suggested lodging accommodations.) Normally, accommodations will be funded by the Candidates' Travel Account for one night, but may be extended upon approval by HRA. Lodging expenses will be approved for the candidate only.
4. State regulations require that any receipts for any out-of-pocket travel expenses incurred by a candidate must be itemized on the Candidate's Travel Expense Form (see attachment). Invoice vouchers will be prepared in the department only for out-of-pocket expenses.
5. Meal expenses will be charged to the Candidates' Travel Chart String # for eligible candidates according to the following guidelines:
a. Department must have HRA approval for candidate.
b. Search committee member must submit Meal Voucher to establishment.
c. If Meal Vouchers are not submitted, search committee members must pay for meals and then file for reimbursement on invoice vouchers.
6. Meal expenses for the candidate and up to two members of the search committee may be charged to Candidates' Travel. The maximum amount covered is based upon the current per diem rate for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
7. All costs above the maximum covered amounts will be charged to the interviewing Department.
The AA-2 (Affirmative Action Search Procedures) Form, List of Applicants/Intent to Interview, documents the names of candidates approved for coverage under the Candidates' Travel policy.
The Candidate's Travel Expense Form (see attached) is to be used only if a candidate/employee has out-of pocket expenses. This form should be completed, signed by the candidate and department, and submitted to the HRA Office when the candidate has completed the interview process. The candidate must provide a social security number (for W-9 purposes), his/her home address and search log number to receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses.
The Meal Voucher is used to cover eligible meal expenses for candidates and search committee members.
Invoice vouchers are used to reimburse candidates and search committee members for approved out-of-pocket expenses and meal expenses (in the absence of Meal Vouchers).
The State -approved travel agency is Donovan Travel, Inc. The authorized agency will make all reservations and payment arrangements for travel and lodging. Please contact them at 1-800-274-7883, FAX: 401-766-2362.
Please consult the Travel Policy for the current state-approved travel agency whichwho will make all reservations and payment arrangements for travel and lodging.
Crown Plaza at the Crossings, Warwick
Radisson Airport Hotel, Warwick
The Marriott, Providence
Holiday Inn, Tower Hill, Wakefield
For local lodging, please call direct if using the following establishment:
Kings Rose-Bed & Breakfast, Kingston (783-5222)
Larchwood Inn, Wakefield (783-5454)
Shelter Harbor Inn, Westerly (322-8883)
Village Inn, Narragansett (783-6767)
America's Cup Room, Kingston (HRA Ram Card Needed - Please call Human Resources 4-4088 to obtain card. Ram card must be signed out and returned the same day).
Larchwood Inn, Wakefield
Casa Rossi, Narragansett
Casey's Restaurant, Wakefield
Pier Restaurant, Newport
Coast Guard House, Narragansett
The Pump House Restaurant, Peace Dale
Crowne Plaza at the Crossings, Warwick
Radisson Airport Hotel, Warwick
Holiday Inn - Tower Hill Grill, Wakefield
Richard's Pub, North Kingstown
Homestead Restaurant, Exeter
Shelter Harbor Inn, Westerly
Lai Lai, Kingston
University Club, Kingston
The maximum amount covered for breakfast expenses is $4.00 per person or a total of $8.00 (including tips).
The maximum amount covered for luncheon expenses is $6.00 per person or a total of $18.00 (including tips).
The maximum amount covered for dinner expenses is $14.00 per person or a total of $42.00 (including tips).