To set forth the policy and procedure for hiring employees for non-classified and faculty positions.
All new or vacant non-classified and faculty positions.
It is the responsibility of the department and/or search committee to:
1. Forward a job description to Human Resource Administration.
2. Complete, as directed, Affirmative Action Forms AA-1, AA-2 and AA-3.
3. Consult with the Office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity to develop a recruitment plan.
4. Review the application materials forwarded by Human Resource Administration and submit Form AA-2 to the Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office for approval. This approval must be accomplished before anyone may be interviewed.
5. Interview applicants and then submit Form AA-3. Form AA-3, along with all application materials, must be forwarded to the Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office for approval.
It is the responsibility of Human Resource Administration to:
1. Approve and post all vacancy notices.
2. Advertise all vacancy notices per Form AA-1 and the Advertisement Policy.
3. Receive application materials and respond to each applicant.
4. Forward Form AA-2, including all applications and resumes, to the search committee.
5. Approve salary offers of and starting date for selected candidates.
6. Notify all those candidates not selected for hire.
All non-classified faculty and staff position vacancies require searches unless waived by the Director of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity.*