Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, October 30, 2003 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #1, September 25, 2003 (Attached)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7 attached pp. 3-17) -- Vice Chairperson Hollinshead.
C. Activities of the Joint Strategic Planning Committee (Minutes of September 4, 2003 Meeting attached pp. 18-19) -- Vice Chairperson Hollinshead.
D. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Hollinshead:
- That the Faculty Senate approve the Small Research Vessel Policy for the University of Rhode Island (attached pp. 20-21);
- That the Faculty Senate approve the replacement of the title "Vice President for Business and Finance" with "Vice President for Administration" in accordance with Article VII, paragraph 3 of the Faculty Senate Constitution (attached pp. 22-23).
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
#03-04--1 - Curricular Report No. 2003-2004-1 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Carothers on October 9, 2003.
#03-04--2 - University College and General Education Committee Report #2002-2003-4. Approved by President Carothers on October 9, 2003.
C. State of the Budget Address for 2003-04 (to be distributed) -- Vice President Barrett.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Sixteenth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 24-27) -- Senator Kaufman.
B. Curricular Report No. 2003-2004-2 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (attached p. 28) -- Vice Provost Trubatch.
C. University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-1 (attached pp.29-30) -- Professor Jackson.
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)