Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday February 20, 2003 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #5, January 30, 2003 (attached).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #15 and #16 attached pp. 3-6) -- Senator Beckman.
C. Recommendations of the URI Task Force on Purchasing Policy (attached pp. 7-8) -- Senator Rodgers.
The Executive Committee recommends that the Faculty Senate endorse the recommendation of the report of the URI Task Force on Purchasing Policy:
- Immediately increase the Limited Value Purchase Order limit applying to ledger 3 and 5 grant and contract funds at URI to at least the current F.A.R. (Federal Acquisition Regulation) guideline of $2,500, and adjust this limit to be consistent with future revisions in F.A.R. guidelines.
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Tenth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached p. 9) -- Senator Kaufman.
B. The Four Hundred Eleventh Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 10-15) -- Senator Kaufman.
C. Curricular Report No. 2002-2003-6 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (attached p. 16-17) -- Vice Provost Trubatch.
D. University College and General Education Committee Report #02-03--2 (attached pp. 18-20) -- Professor Jackson
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business
Discussion of the concept of shared governance at the University and what might be done to enable it to work more effectively.
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)