Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, March 25, 2004 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #6, February 26, 2004 (attached).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
D. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Boudreaux-Bartels:
- In accordance with the provisions of 10.3 of the By-Laws of the Faculty Senate, the Executive Committee recommends that the Senate confirm its approval of Senate Bill #03-04--19 "The Four Hundred and Twenty-First Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee" with the addition of the following statement:
Students transferring from one program (or college) within or outside the University to another program (or college) within the University may apply 100-level English Communications writing (ECw) courses taken as part of the general education requirements in the original program (or college) to the English Communication writing (ECw) general education requirements in the program or college to which they transfer.
- That the Faculty Senate approve changes to the UNIVERSITY MANUAL with regard to the selection of the Student Assistant to the Ombud (attached p. 13).
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
#03-04--18 - The Four Hundred Twentieth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee: Proposal to Reorganize the College of Pharmacy. Approved by President Carothers on March 8,2004 subject to final approval by the Board of Governors.
#03-04--19 - The Four Hundred Twenty-First Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Disapproved by President Carothers on March 8,2004.
#03-04--20 - Curricular Report No. 2003-04-5 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Carothers on March 8,2004.
#03-04--21 - University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-4. Approved by President Carothers on March 8,2004.
#03-04--22 - University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-5. Approved by President Carothers on March 8,2004.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Twenty-Second Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 14-16) -- Professor Kaufman.
B. University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-6 (attached pp. 17-18) -- Senator Jackson.
C. University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-7 (attached pp. 19-21) -- Senator Jackson.
D. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #03-04--1 (attached p. 22-24) -- Professor Hickox.
E. Report of the Athletic Advisory Board Subcommittee on the Cost and Value of Athletics at URI (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/AAB_Sub_2-04.htm) -- Professor Ramstad.
F. Informational Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions to the Providence Campus (oral) -- Senator Feldman.
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)