Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday April 10, 2003 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a brief meeting of the General Faculty for the purpose of approving certification of candidates for degrees.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #7, March 20, 2003 (attached).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #19, #20, and #21 attached pp. 3-9) -- Vice Chairperson Hollinshead.
C. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Hollinshead:
- That the Faculty Senate adopt the Senate Calendar for 2003-04 Academic Year (attached p. 10).
- That the Faculty Senate approve the membership of the Nominating Committee for Officers of the 2003-04 Faculty Senate:
Norbert Mundorf, College of Arts and Sciences
Mary Sullivan, College of Nursing
George Veyera, College of Engineering, Chair
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
#02-03--21 - The Four Hundred Twelfth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Carothers on March 31, 2003, portions subject to final approval by the Board of Governors.
#01-02--2 - Memorial Resolution for Dana R. Kester. Supported by President Carothers on March 20, 2003.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Thirteenth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 11-17) -- Senator Kaufman.
B. Report of the Constitution, By-Laws and University Manual Committee #02-03-1 (attached pp. 18-20) -- Senator Wenisch.
C. Report of Faculty Senate Representatives to the Athletics Advisory Board for 2002-03 (oral) -- Senator Ramstad.
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business