Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, April 15, 2004 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #7, March 25, 2004 (attached).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
C. Activities of the Joint Strategic Planning Committee (Minutes of February 26, 2004 Meeting (attached pp. 9-10) -- Vice Chairperson Boudreaux-Bartels.
D. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Boudreaux-Bartels:
- That the Faculty Senate adopt the proposed schedule of meetings for the 2004-05 academic year (attached p. 11).
- That the Faculty Senate approve the following nominating committee for officers of the 2004-05 Faculty Senate:
-Senator Martin Bide, TMD
-Senator James Loy, APG
-Senator Deborah Mongeau, LIB
E. Report of the Executive Committee on the JSPC and recommendation for the 2004-05 Executive Committee (oral) -- Chairperson Beckman.
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
5. Special Order
Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Admissions to the Providence Campus (AdHocProvCmteReptRev.htm) -- Senator Feldman.
6. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Twenty-Third Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 12-17) -- Professor Kaufman.
B. Curricular Report No. 2003-2004-6A from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate: Post-baccalaureate Certificate Program in Gerontology and Geriatrics (attached pp. 18-22) -- Vice Provost Trubatch.
C. Curricular Report No. 2003-2004-6 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. (attached pp. 23-24) -- Vice Provost Trubatch.
D. University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-8 (attached pp. 25-29) -- Senator Jackson.
E. University College and General Education Committee Report #2003-04-9 (attached pp. 30-33) -- Senator Jackson.
F. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #03-04--1 Resubmitted (attached pp. 34-36) -- Professor Hickox.
G. Report of the Investigatory Ad Hoc Committee on Reorganization (oral) -- Dean Joseph.
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business