The meeting was called to order at 3:10 p.m. in the President's Conference Room, Green Hall,
tardy start duly noted by Ms. Black-Grubman. All members were in attendance.
2. The minutes of Executive Committee Meeting #23, March 31, 2009, were approved and pronounced 'perfect.' With regard to Minutes from #21, #22, #24 and #25, Ms. Grubman is still in the same position she was in last week, overworked.
3. There were no further announcements at this time.
4. The agenda for Faculty Senate Meeting #7, April 23, 2009 was reviewed and unanimously declared perfect.
5. Update on matters of continuing concern:
a. The Presidential Search: Chairperson Martin noted that the next interview, with Dr. Newman, was set, with the FSEC meeting Dr. Newman on Thursday.
b. Research Park: The Ad Hoc Committee on Siting the Research Park has met three times, with one more meeting scheduled. The Committee has received voluminous correspondence from faculty, alumni, students, citizens, kings, queens, and knights, and will consider this feedback as they develop their final report and recommendations.
Vice Chairperson Costello asked Senator Swallow for clarification on the history of faculty objection to the siting of the research park. Senator Swallow responded that a number of faculty objected to the location at a public forum on campus in October 2007.
c. Celebration for President Carothers: The celebration for President Carothers is organized and will feature several speakers including Chairperson Celest Martin. Barbara Meagher will meet and greet guests at the celebration.
d. April 16 Faculty Forum on Learning and Discovery postmortem: The Forum had about 20 attendees, three excellent speakers, and some very interesting discussion. The FSEC agreed that these events are useful and valuable, and suggested that they be continued in some form, perhaps as brown bag discussions, on a regular basis.
6. There was no unfinished business.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30.
URI ACADEMIC PROGRAM REVIEW (5/24/13)
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)