Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, October 21, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by President Dooley will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a meeting of the General Faculty/Graduate Faculty.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #1, September 23, 2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_01m_9-23-10.htm).
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
C.Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Eaton:
- That the Faculty Senate approve additional Committee Appointments for 2010-11 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Committees_2010-11_000.htm)
- That the Faculty Senate approve continuing status for Confucius Institute. (The Report of the Ad Hoc Confucius Institute Review Committee is available on the web at http://www.uri.edu/facsen/documents/Confucus_Institute_Review_Report.pdf. ((Professor Yan Ma's response to the report is available at http://www.uri.edu/personal/yanma/CIReviewResponse.pdf)
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Eightieth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee: Proposal for a B. S. Degree in Health Studies (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/documents/480_CAC_BSHS.pdf; Appendix G; Appendix H; Appendix I) -- Professor Mundorf
B. The Four Hundred and Eighty-First Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/documents/481_CAC.pdf) -- Professor Mundorf
C. Progress Report of the Academic Program Review Committee in Advance of the NEASC Visit (oral) - Professor Anderson
6. Special Forum
Report on Capital Projects -- Vice President Weygand
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by President Dooley, will immediately follow the meeting.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)