Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, October 22, 2009 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by President Dooley will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #1, September 24, 2009 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_01m_9-24-09.html)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
C. Recommendation of the Executive Committee that the Faculty Senate adopt a resolution in support of the goals of the Academic Plan-- Vice Chairperson Ordoñez (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FSEC_Resolution_10-22-09.pdf)
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--1 -Amendment to Section 10.90.13 of the UNIVERSITY MANUAL: Administrator Evaluation. Approved by President Dooley on October 1, 2009.
- #09-10--2 -Council for Research: Recommendation for Elimination of Non-Functioning Centers. Approved by President Dooley on October 1, 2009.
- #09-10--3 -University College and General Education Committee Report #09-10-1. Approved by President Dooley on October 1, 2009.
As part of his announcements President Dooley will discuss a proposed new Strategic Budget and Planning Council (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/SBPC_10-22-09.pdf)
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Second Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/472_CAC.pdf - Senator Honhart
B. The University College and General Education Committee Report #2009-10-2 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_09-10-2.pdf) - Senator Hicks
C. UCGE Subcommittee on Assessment of General Education (SAGE) Report on Assessment of URI's General Education Program (PowerPoint Presentation: (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_SAGE_Assessment-GenEd.ppt - Professor Stevenson and Senator Hicks
D. Annual Report of the Honors Program and Visiting Scholars Committee for 2008-09 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Annual_Report_08-09_HPVS.pdf) - Professor McIntyre
6. Special Forum
Update on the Branding Initiative -- Ms. Acciardo and Professor R. Dholakia
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by President Dooley, will immediately follow the meeting.
URI ACADEMIC PROGRAM REVIEW (5/24/13)
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)