Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, November 16, 2006 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #2, October 26, 2006 (Attached)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
C. Activities of the Joint Strategic Planning Committee (Minutes of October 12, 2006 attached pp. 13-15) -- Vice Chairperson Luebke.
D. Recommendation of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Luebke.
- That the Faculty Senate postpone until its January 2008 meeting the deadline for the report of the Admissions Advisory Committee on the implications of eliminating the requirement of the SAT for admission of freshman to URI.
E. Update on NEASC Accreditation Self-Study -- Senator Kowalski.
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
#06-07--3 - The Four Hundred Forty-Fourth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Carothers on November 1, 2006, portions subject to final approval by the Board of Governors.
#06-07--4 - Curricular Report No. 2006-2007-1 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Carothers on November 1, 2006.
#06-07--5 - Authorization of change to Article III of the Faculty Senate By-Laws until referendum of the Faculty. Approved by President Carothers on November 1, 2006.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Forty-Fifth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (attached pp. 16-18) - Senator Luebke.
B. Curricular Report No. 2006-07-2 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (attached p. 19) - Dean Bibb.
C. University College and General Education Committee Report #06-07-1 (attached p. 20) - Senator Honhart.
6. Special Report
Update on Information Technology Services -- Vice Provost Bozylinsky.
7. Unfinished Business
A. At the September 28, 2006 meeting the following recommendation to amend section 5.70.11 of the UNIVERSITY MANUAL was postponed definitely until President Carothers was available to participate in the discussion (the change is underlined):
- 5.70.11 The Joint Strategic Planning Committee shall be comprised of the President, who shall serve as Chair, the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice Presidents for Administration, Student Affairs, and University Advancement, the Faculty Senate Executive Committee, a Dean representing the Council of Deans, two administrative staff members appointed by the President, the President of the Student Senate, and the President of the Graduate Student Association. It shall be staffed by the Executive Assistants to the President and Directors of Planning Services.
B. The Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Administration Evaluation by Senator Rosen remains from the Agenda for the October 26 meeting and is postponed until December 14, 2006.
8. New Business
Full agenda are in the hands of all senators and department chairs. They are also available through email on Facsen-Bus and on the Faculty Senate home page (Facsen). Contact the Faculty Senate for details.
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)