Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, December 10, 2009 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Vice President Robert Weygand will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty.
2.Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #2, October 22, 2009 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_03m_11-19-09.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--6 -The Four Hundred Seventy-Third Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by Provost DeHayes on behalf of President Dooley on November 20, 2009.
- #09-10--7 - University College and General Education Committee Report #09-10-3. Approved by Provost DeHayes on behalf of President Dooley on November 20, 2009.
- #09-10--8 -Curricular Report No. 1-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by Provost DeHayes on behalf of President Dooley on November 20, 2009.
C. Update on the University's Budget (oral) -- Vice President Weygand
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
Update on recent curricular innovations.
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Fourth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/474_CAC.pdf - Professor Mundorf
B. The University College and General Education Committee Report #2009-10-4 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_09-10-3.pdf) - Senator Hicks
C. Curricular Report No. 2-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_2-2009-10.pdf - Dean Zawia
D. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #09-10-1 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/AS&C_09-10-1.pdf - Senator DiCioccio
6. Reports of Academic Plan Task Forces
Update from the General Education Task Force -- Senator DiCioccio
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by Vice President Robert Weygand, will immediately follow the meeting.