Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, December 16, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Dean Brownell will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty.
2.Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #3, November 18, 2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_03m_11-18-10.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Commtgs_10-11.htm#FSEC) -- Vice Chairperson Eaton
C. Election of sixth member of the Faculty Senate Executive Committee for remainder of 2010-11 academic year -- Vice Chairperson Eaton
Senator William Krieger, Department of Philosophy
Senator William Ohley, Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #10-11--4 - The Four Hundred and Eightieth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee: Proposal for a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Studies. Approved by President Dooley on November 9, 2010 pending approval by the Board of Governors.
- #10-11--5 - The Four Hundred and Eighty-First Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on November 9, 2010.
- #10-11--1 - Resolution on Course Credits. Supported by President Dooley on December 2, 2010.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
Curricular Report No 2010-11-2 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_ 2_10-11.pdf) -- Dean Killingbeck
B. Curricular Report No 2010-11-2A from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate: Proposal for a Graduate Program in Interdisciplinary Neurosciences (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_2A_10-11_files.htm) -- Dean Killingbec
C. The Four Hundred and Eighty-Third Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/483_CAC.pdf) -- Professor Mundorf
6. Special Forum
Update and Information Session on Three Major "Paperless" Projects - University Computing System -- Mr. Motta
7. Unfinished Business
Continuing Conversation about Restructuring Faculty Senate Officers' Terms of Office
8. New Business
University College and General Education Report #10-11-2 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_10-11-2.htm) -- Senator Hicks
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by Dean Brownell, College of Arts and Sciences, will immediately follow the Meeting.
CURRICULAR MEMORANDUM 2012-2013 Revised curricular procedures