Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, December 18, 2008 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a meeting of the General Faculty/Graduate Faculty.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #3, November 20, 2008 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_03m_11-20-08.htm
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
C. Recommendation of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Costello:
- That the Faculty Senate Meeting originally scheduled for March 19, 2009 be rescheduled for March 26, 2009
4. Report of the President - President Carothers
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President:
#08-09--3 - The Four Hundred Sixty-Fourth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Carothers on November 3, 2008.
#08-09--4 - University College and General Education Committee Report #08-09-1. Approved by President Carothers on November 3, 2008.
#08-09--5 - Expression of Support for Equity and Fairness for the URI Part-Time Faculty United (AAUP). Returned by President Carothers with the following notation: "As this is a matter of collective bargaining, it is a matter outside the purview of the Faculty Senate."
#08-09--6 - University College and General Education Committee Report #08-09-2. Approved by President Carothers on November 26, 2008.
#08-09--2 - Expression of Continued Support for 2007-H5230 and its Reintroduction for 2009. Supported by President Carothers on November 26, 2008.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Sixty-Fifth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/465_CAC.pdf) - Professor Mundorf
B. Curricular Report No. 2008-2009-4 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_08-09-4.pdf) - Dean Bibb
6. Special Forum - Provost DeHayes
The Current State of URI: Sharing Information and Seeking Solutions.
7. Unfinished Business
Recommendation of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Costello:
- That the Faculty Senate resume informal consideration various models of alternative funding for the University. (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Alternative_Funding_links.htm).
[The Executive Committee is reintroducing this item to follow up on additional information provided at the November 20 Faculty Senate Meeting]
8. New Business