Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, January 28, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Vice President Dougan and the Division of Student Affairs will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #4, December 10, 2009 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_04m_12-10-09.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B.Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #18, #19, #20, and #21 http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Commtgs_09-10.html#FSEC) - Vice Chairperson Ordonez
C. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Ordonez
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--9 - The Four Hundred Seventy-Fourth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on December 14, 2009.
- #09-10--10 - University College and General Education Committee Report #09-10-4. Approved by President Dooley on December 14, 2009.
- #09-10--11 - Curricular Report No. 2-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. President Dooley on December 14, 2009.
- #09-10--12 - Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #09-10-1. Approved by President Dooley on December 14, 2009.
C. State of the Budget Address for 2009-2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FY10_Fac_Sen_Presentation.ppt) - Vice President Weygand
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
Update on recent curricular innovations.
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Fifth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/475_CAC.pdf - Professor Mundorf
B. The University College and General Education Committee Report #2009-10-4 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/UCGE_09-10-5.pdf) - Senator Hicks
C. Curricular Report No. 2-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_3-2009-10.pdf - Dean Killingbeck
D. Report of the Council for Research on Continuing Centers (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/CFR_Centers_Jan10.pdf - Professor Wood
6. Reports of Academic Plan Task Forces
7. Unfinished Business
At the December 10, 2009 Faculty Senate Meeting Chairperson Swallow, after consultation with the Constitution, By-Laws and University Manual Committee (CBUM), removed the abolition of the Masters of Community Planning degree from the Graduate Council Report 2-2009-10 as an informational item. He explained that, in accordance with Section 8.87.10 of the UNIVERSITY MANUAL, the Faculty Senate must vote upon recommendations for the elimination of academic programs. Therefore, a recommendation from the Dean of the College of the Environment and Life Sciences to abolish the program is brought forward as an item of Unfinished Business on this Agenda.
Recommendation -- Dean Richard Rhodes:
That the Faculty Senate approve the abolition of the Masters degree in Community Planning (MCP) and forward the recommendation to the President of the University. (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Program_Closure_MCP_MCP-JD.pdf)
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by Vice President Dougan and the Division of Student Affairs, will immediately follow the meeting.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)