Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, February 25, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building.
A reception at the University Club sponsored by Dean W. Lynn McKinney, College of Human Science and Services will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #5, January 28, 2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_05m_1-28-10.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #22, #23, #24, and #25 http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Commtgs_09-10.html#FSEC) - Vice Chairperson Ordonez
C.Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Ordonez
1) That the Faculty Senate approve additional committee appointments for spring 2010.
2) That the Faculty Senate approve the establishment of an Ad Hoc Committee on a 4-credit courses and curricula (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FSEC_4-credit.pdf)
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--13 - The Four Hundred Seventy-Fifth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on February 12, 2010
- #09-10--14 - University College and General Education Committee Report #09-10-5. Approved by President Dooley on February 12, 2010
- #09-10--15 - Curricular Report No. 3-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Dooley on February 12, 2010
- #09-10--16 - Council for Research Report on Continuing Centers. President Dooley has requested and received a thirty-day extension in accordance with section 10.4 of the By-Laws of the Faculty Senate
- #09-10--2 - Support for URI Fundraising Campaign for Haiti. Supported by President Dooley on February 12, 2010
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
Update on recent curricular innovations.
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Sixth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/476_CAC.pdf - Professor Mundorf
B. Curricular Report No. 4-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_4-2009-10.pdf) - Dean Killingbeck
6. Reports of Academic Plan Task Forces
A. Task Force on Research, Scholarship, and Innovation -- Professor Rice
B. Update on Task Forces -- Vice Provost Beauvais and Ms, Morrissey
7. Unfinished Business
8. New Business
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by Dean W. Lynn McKinney, College of Human Science and Services, will immediately follow the meeting.
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)