Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, April 29, 2010 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
1. Call to order at 3:00pm
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a brief meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty for the purpose of approving certification of degree candidates.
2. Disposition of Minutes of Faculty Senate Meeting #7, March 18, 2010 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FS_06m_2-25-10.htm)
3. Reports of Officers and Executive Committee
B. Activities of the Executive Committee (Minutes of Executive Committee Meetings #29, #30, #31, #32 and #33,
http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FSEC_33m09-10.html) - Vice Chairperson Ordoñez
C.Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Ordoñez
- That the Faculty Senate adopt the proposed schedule of meetings for the 2010-2011 academic year (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Schedule_FS_2010-11.htm)
- That the Faculty Senate approve the membership of the Nominating Committee for Officers of the 2010-11 Faculty Senate:
Senator Rachel DiCioccio, Arts & Sciences
Senator Brian Quilliam, Pharmacy
Senator Fred Vetter, Engineering
- That the Faculty Senate amend sections 5.70.10-12 of the UNIVERSITY MANUAL by replacing the Joint Strategic Planning Committee (JSPC) with the Joint Committee on Academic Planning (JCAP) (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/FSEC_JCAP.pdf)
4. Report of the President - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
- #09-10--19 -The Four Hundred Seventy-Seventh Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee. Approved by President Dooley on April 6, 2010.
- #09-10--20 -University College and General Education Committee Report #2009-10-6. Approved by President Dooley on April 6, 2010.
- #09-10--21 -Curricular Report No. 5-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. Approved by President Dooley on April 6, 2010.
5. Reports of Standing and Special Committees
A. The Four Hundred Seventy-Eighth Report of the Curricular Affairs Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/477_CAC.pdf - Professor Mundorf
B. Curricular Report No. 6-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_6-2009-10.pdf) - Dean Killingbeck
C. Curricular Report No. 6A-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate: Proposal for a Five-Year Combined BS Physics/MS Medical Physics Degree Program (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_6A-2009-10.pdf) - Dean Killingbeck
D. Curricular Report No. 7-2009-10 from the Graduate Council to the Faculty Senate. (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/GC_CURRICULAR_REPORT_7-2009-10.pdf) - Dean Killingbeck
E. Academic Standards and Calendar Committee Report #09-10-2 (file:///(http/::www.uri.edu:facsen:AS&C_09-10-2.pdf)%20--%20Senator%20DiCioccio%20%20) - Senator DiCioccio
F. Annual Report of the Admissions Advisory Committee (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Admissions_Advisory_09-10.pdf) Professor Rathemacher
G. Annual Report of the Learning Outcomes Oversight Committee for 2009-10 (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/LOOC_08-09.pdf) - Professor Barbour
H. Annual Report of the Athletics Advisory Board (http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Athletics_Advisory_09-10.pdf) - Senator Blissmer
6. Unfinished Business
7. New Business
Discussion of the process used for the SAKAI calendar vote
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)