General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 22, 2005
- The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:06 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building
- President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
J. Morton Briggs, Professor Emeritus, History
Richard Roth, former Assistant Professor of Speech and Director of Forensics
Jonathan Tryon, Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of Library and Information Studies
- The Minutes of the April 21, 2005 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as distributed.
- Provost Swan moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated August 26, 2005 subject to certification by the Colleges and Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
Associate Dean Beckman moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for August 2005. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:09 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate. Respectfully submitted,
Sheila Black Grubman for
Michael A. Rice