General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 23, 2004
- The meeting was called to order by Provost Swan at 3:05 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building
- Provost Swan asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Paul Abell, Chemistry
Charles Armstrong, Business Administration
Linda Blood, Human Development
Nathalie Briggs, University Libraries
Phyllis Brown, Food Science & Nutrition
Frank Cuomo, Physics
Kathleen Hauke, English
Milton Huston, Civil Engineering
Mary Martin James, Textiles
Janet Kulberg, Psychology & Graduate School
Wilma Nagel, Education
Frank Newman, President Emeritus
Stewart Schneider, Library Science
G. David Shilling, Chemical Engineering
Robert Shoop. Biological Sciences
Carl Slader, Physical Education
Robert Sorlien, English
Andrew Turyn, University Libraries
- The Minutes of the April 15, 2004 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as distributed.
- Vice Provost Swift moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names had been certified for September 2004. The motion passed.
Associate Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names had been certified for September 2004. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:07 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
G. Faye Boudreaux-Bartels