General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
December 14, 2006
- The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:01 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building.
- The President asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Anthony N. Paruta, former Professor of Pharmacy.
Milton Salomon, Professor Emeritus of Food and Resource Chemistry
John M. Sieburth, Professor Emeritus of Oceanography
- The Minutes of the September 28, 2006 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as distributed.
- Provost Swan moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated December 13, 2006 subject to certification by the Colleges and the Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
- Associate Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for December 2006. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:04 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Michael A. Rice