General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
December 18, 2008
- The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:05 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building.
- President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Philip Carpenter, Professor Emeritus of Microbiology
Jordan Miller, Professor Emeritus of English
- The Minutes of the September 25, 2008 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved.
- Provost DeHayeas moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the list of potential candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated December 0, 2008 subject to certification by the Colleges and Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
Associate Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for December 2008.. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:07 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Celest A. Martin