UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND
Kingston, Rhode Island
General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
April 24, 2008
1. The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 3:02 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
2. President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Dale Thomas Duff, Professor Emeritus of Plant Sciences
Harold Fisher, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry and Microbiology
Bernard Schurman, Professor Emeritus of Economics
3. Provost DeHayes moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated April 15, 2008 subject to certification by the Colleges and the Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
4. Vice Provost Pasquerella moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for April 2008. The motion passed.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 3:04 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
James H. Miller,