General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 24, 2009
- The meeting was called to order by Provost DeHayes at 3:07 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
Provost DeHayes welcomed the faculty back for the 2009-10 academic year. He explained that he was chairing the meeting because President Dooley had a commitment out of state.
- Provost DeHayes asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Thomas A. Gullason, Professor Emeritus of English
John P. Hatch, Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
Kathleen Schlenker, former Assistant Professor, University Libraries
Leslie R. Stone, Professor Emeritus of Phys
Ruth C. Waldman, Assistant Professor and Associate Dean Emerita of Nursing
Sidney H. White, Professor Emeritus of English
- Vice Provost Beauvais moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated September 2009 subject to certification by the Colleges and the Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
- Dean Zawia moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for August 2009. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:10 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Stephen K. Swallow,