General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 27, 2007
- The meeting was called to order by President Carothers at 2:35 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building
- President Carothers said that he would wait until later in the meeting to ask for a moment of silence.
- The Minutes of the April 19, 2007 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as corrected.
- Provost Swan moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the list of potential candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list for August 2007 subject to certification by the Colleges and Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
- Vice Provost Pasquerella moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for August 2007. The motion passed.
- President Carothers presented his state of the University Address to those members of the General Faculty - Graduate Faculty who were present at the meeting. The full text of the President's address is available on the web at http://www.uri.edu/facsen/Fall2007speechGenFac.html
President Carothers asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of RI Representative Paul Crowley '72, who had passed away that week and for the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Alexa Albert, Professor of Sociology
Louis Luzzi, Dean Emeritus, College of Pharmacy
Josephine Milburn, Professor Emerita of Political Science
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
James H. Miller, Secretary