General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 28, 2006
- The meeting was called to order by Provost Swan at 3:05 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium of the Chester Kirk Building.
- Provost Swan asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Gerald A. Donovan, Dean Emeritus, College of Resource Development
Roger L. Larson, Professor of Oceanography
Kendall Moultrop, Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering
Roy G. Poulsen, Professor Emeritus of Finance and Insurance
Charles I Smith, Professor Emeritus of Medicinal Chemistry
Norris P. Wood, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- The Minutes of the April 20, 2006 General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting were approved as distributed.
- Vice Provost Pasquerella moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated September 26, 2006 subject to certification by the Colleges and the Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
Associate Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for August 2006. The motion passed.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:07 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Michael A. Rice