General Faculty - Graduate Faculty Meeting
September 25, 2008
- The meeting was called to order by Provost DeHayes at 3:03 p.m. in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
Provost DeHayes welcomed the faculty back for the 2008-09 academic year. He explained that he was chairing the meeting because President Carothers was out of the country.
- Provost DeHayes asked the faculty to observe a moment of silence in memory of the following faculty members who had passed away since the last meeting of the General Faculty-Graduate Faculty:
Clifford Cosgrove, Professor Emeritus of Food Science and Nutrition
Jeannette Crooker, Associate Professor Emerita of Physical Education
Wilbur Doctor, Professor Emeritus of Journalism
Thomas McCabe, Associate Professor Emeritus of English
O. Joann McElravy, Associate Professor Emerita of Nursing
Yngve Ramstad, Professor of Economics
RB Reaves, Associate Professor Emeritus of English
Richard Wing, Associate Professor Emeritus of Fisheries, Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Vice Provost Libutti moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of undergraduate degrees whose names appeared on the list dated August 29, 2008 subject to certification by the Colleges and the Director of Enrollment Services. The motion passed.
- Dean Bibb moved to recommend to the Board of Governors for Higher Education approval of the candidates for the award of graduate degrees whose names are certified by the Graduate School for August 2008. The motion passed.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:05 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
- The meeting was adjourned at 3:07 p.m. and was followed by a meeting of the Faculty Senate.
Sheila Black Grubman for
Celest A. Martin