1. The meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, March 19, 2012 in the Alumni Center Conference Room, Chairperson Eaton presiding. All members were present except Vice Chairperson Larsen. Professor Robin Devin, representing the URI AAUP, participated in the interview.
2. Those present Interviewed Mr. Anthony Farias for the position of Associate Vice President for Community, Equity and Diversity until 11:00 a.m.
a. Chairperson Eaton announced that a meeting of the Board of Governors was scheduled for 5:30 p.m., URI Coastal Institute, Narragansett Bay Campus
b. Chairperson Eaton noted that the Associate Vice President for Community, Equity and Diversity Candidate originally scheduled for March 23 has withdrawn. She said that the next interview would be on Monday, March 26 at 9:00 a.m.
c. The Executive Committee made plans for including the Update on General Education Revision on the Agenda for Faculty Senate Meeting #7.
d. It was agreed that the IP Proposal would be included in the March 22 Agenda.
4. Deans McKinney and Ciccomascolo joined the FSEC for a discussion of the renaming of the College of Human Science and Services.
5. The Executive Committee began planning for the April 19, 2012 Faculty Senate Meeting and agreed to invite Vice President Alfonso to make a presentation at that meeting.
6. The FSEC discussed details for soliciting nominations for the Faculty Outstanding Service Award.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:25 p.m.
EVALUATION REPORT PROVOST DEHAYES posted 9/18/14
OPEN ACCESS POLICY (5/24/13)