Regular Meeting of the Faculty Senate on Thursday, September 20, 2012 in the Cherry Auditorium, Chester Kirk Building
A reception at the University Club sponsored by President Dooley will immediately follow the Meeting.
1. Call to order at 3:00 p.m.
Please note that prior to the call to order there will be a meeting of the General Faculty/Graduate Faculty (agenda).
3. REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
A. Announcements and Opening Remarks -- Chairperson Larsen
B. Activities of the Executive Committee: Minutes of 2011-12 Executive Committee Meetings
#1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 - Vice Chairperson Byrd
C. Recommendations of the Executive Committee -- Vice Chairperson Byrd
1) That the Faculty Senate establish a Joint Committee on Online and Distance Learning
2) That the Faculty Senate establish and Ad Hoc Committee on Open Access to examine and
discuss the issues of open access, other universities' practices, and how these issues affect URI.
The committee shall make recommendations in a report to the Senate at the January meeting.
3) That the Faculty Senate approve Committee Appointments for 2012-13
4) That the Faculty Senate endorse the recommendation of the Council for Research on Overhead Policy
recommended by the Faculty Senate Executive Committee.
4. REPORT OF THE PRESIDENT - President Dooley
A. Status of Actions Forwarded to the President
Approved by President Dooley on June 8, 2012.
Approved by President Dooley on June 7, 2012.
Approved by President Dooley on June 25, 2012. Pending approval by the RIBGHE.
Proposal for a Revised New Program Review Process. Approved by President Dooley on June 7, 2012.
5. REPORTS OF STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
B. Annual Report of the Council for Research for 2011-12 - Professor Wood
C. Report of the Council for Research on Overhead Policy - Professor Wood
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
7 NEW BUSINESS
A reception for the Faculty Senate at the University Club, sponsored by President Dooley, will immediately follow the meeting.
Print version (use electronic version for full links)