- To better understand the International Student Application process, please download and read the International Admission Process
- For undergraduate information and application materials, click here
- For graduate information and application materials, click here
- For estimated expenses summarizing the cost of studying in URI, please click here to download PDF document.
- To download the URI Official Certificate of Financial Responsibility Form, please click here to download PDF document.
- To obtain information on how to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa at a Consular Post, please click here to download PDF document for details.
- To obtain information on what is the I-901 SEVIS fee and how to pay it, please click here to see the website.
- For information on incoming International Students Orientations, please click here to read details.
International Student Orientation
January 20, 2009
9:30 AM to 12:00 NOON
The Office of International Students & Scholars is responsible for providing a Mandatory New International Student Orientation to facilitate your transition into academic and immigration life at the University of Rhode Island.
- NEWLY admitted international students MUST REPORT to the Office of International Students & Scholars within 30 days of the beginning date noted on their I-20 or DS-2019.
- TRANSFER students must report to our office 15 days prior to the beginning of classes.
- Failure to report to the Office of International Students and Scholars is considered a VIOLATION of your student status by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Information for Undergraduate Applicants
If you are interested in applying as an Undergraduate Student,please visit Undergraduate Admissions Office click here
If you are currently an international Undergraduate Student at URI and you are interested in obtaining more information about visa and immigration issues, please visit visa and Immigration.
The following links contain important information about undergraduate admissions:
- For application materials, please visit click here
- For the estimated costs of tuition, fees and other expenses while studying at URI, please click here to download PDF document.
- To download the Official URI Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) Form,please click here to download PDF document.
- On how to apply for an I-20/DS-2019, and how to pay the I-901 SEVIS fee, please click here to download PDF document for details.
- For information regarding the Orientation for new International students, please click here to read
Please visit the following link to find the estimated costs of studying at URI as an International Student (Undergraduate/Graduate):
The estimated expense is
changing based on the academic year, so please check the latest estimated
Proof of Financial Responsibility
Immigration regulations require that all students, admitted to a degree program, show proof of having sufficient funds to cover the cost of their education and other expenses. To comply with this regulation, URI requires that students provide one or all of the documents listed below to the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS):
Note: Do not submit the CFR and/or bank letter BEFORE you have been officially admitted by the Graduate School Admission Office (graduate students) or Office of Undergraduate Admissions (undergraduate students).
- Notarized Bank letter (no more than 30 days old from the day of issuance); OR
- The Certificate of Financial Responsibility/CFR, (click
here) to download the form; AND
- Award letter if you have being awarded a scholarship, institutional grant, and/or an assistantship