Skip to main content
Scenes from the College of Arts and Sciences

Rhode Island Residency and New England Regional Residency

Graduate students pay different tuition rates depending on their residency status. Students who provide documentation of legal Rhode Island residency are classified as "In-State" and pay "instate" tuition, while students who are residents of other states or countries outside of the United States pay "outstate" tuition.

Select programs participate in the New England Board of Higher Education's Tuition Break program; if your program takes part and you are a legal New England resident, you may be eligible for "regional" tuition.

Please choose from the following links for more information:

Guidelines for documenting your Rhode Island Residency.

Guidelines for documenting your New England Regional Residency.